My Favourite Lipsticks for Autumn

16:01


My Autumn Lipstick Collection: The Favourites


So to kick this post off, here's a lipstick I bought a few days ago. It's one of the new 'Only 1 Matte Lipsticks' by Rimmel. I decided to buy it in the shade 'High Flyer' which is a mix between red and pink. It has a lovely matte finish and doesn't feel drying which is a massive plus, as that's the main thing I worry about when purchasing a matte finish lipstick. Also, having got used to the 'Super Stay' range by Maybelline I doubt the staying power of a normal lipstick. I have to admit though, I was very impressed with this product. It stuck to my lips wonderfully, even through all the normal stuff like eating and kissing. The only thing which I'm not massively fond of and I've found this with Rimmel's lipsticks before is the scent, I kinda wish I tasted of nothing but hey ho, after a while you hardly notice it! I'm giving this luscious lipstick 7/10!

Staying Power: 8/10
Finish: 8/10
Colour: 9/10


Rimmel Matte Lipstick in 'High Flyer'


Second on the list is this 'Super Stay 24 Hr Color' lipstick by Maybelline.
I have to admit I have a fair few of these lipsticks in my makeup bag already! They are just so so good! If you haven't tried them before I'd really recommend them. As far as staying power is concerned, once you'd applied this product to your lips its not going anywhere. To be honest, it's a bit of a struggle trying to take this lipstick off at the end of the day! I prefer these lip stain lipsticks to Maxfactor's alternative. I used to wear Maxfactor's Lipfinity range a lot but I found them to feel more dry on your lips and also a bit of cracking occured (which is never a good look). This 'Absolute Plum' shade is a must have in autumn! I bought this a few weeks back when we were still technically in summer and I thought it was a bit too dark for me. But now its autumn I feel its a bit more weather appropriate to wear! I'm giving this super powered lip stain a 9/10! Beat that!

Staying power: 10/10
Finish: 8/10
Colour: 9/10 

Super Stay 24 Hr Color in 'Absolute Plum'


Oh hey No7! This brand always sneaks into my favourites somehow, whether it be a skincare product, brush or primer etc. This shade is called 'Cinnamon Spice' and is in the Stay Perfect range. Compared to the Rimmel lipstick, its less of a matte finish. The shade is more of a brown / nude tone. Unlike the Rimmel matte lipstick this fairly fragrance-less which gets a huge thumbs up from me! I love the colour of the packaging, it's a nice mix of grey and brown. This lipstick has had a lot of use over the past couple of months so I must like it! I'm giving this product a 8/10

Staying power: 8/10
Finish: 7/10
Colour: 9/10



Last but not least, (or maybe it is) is this Pure Gold lipstick by Loreal.
I thought I'd throw this in as I bought it initially for my Halloween make-up but I do rather like it. Wearing it on it's own doesn't do it for me though. It doesn't particularly have great coverage BUT it has brilliant staying power, especially if you wear it over the top of another lipstick which it can stick to. I'm gonna give this lipstick 7/10 as there's nothing else on the market like it!

Staying power: 8/10
Finish: 6/10
Colour: 7/10



So there you have it, My Four Favourite Lipsticks right now!

Thanks for reading,
Little Owl Loves
x

Where to find me :
YouTube - youtube.com/c/littleowlloves
Instagram - @littleowlloves
Twitter - @littleowl_loves

You Might Also Like

0 comments